SCGB Conference 2016
Many thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make this year's conference a great success, and special thanks to the 100 participants who came (often long distances) and took part with such enthusiasm and support.
- Received reports on all aspects of SCGB's work since the last conference
- Adopted the formal SCGB constitution (voted unanimously)
- Decided to ensure that Paracheer and SEN cheer will be represented within SCGB alongside All-star, schools and University cheer
- Formed SportcheerEngland and SportcheerWales as national bodies for cheerleading in those countries
- Elected representatives to the national bodies
- Learnt about a new scheme for registration and recognition of qualified cheerleading coaches
- workshopped on tumbling, stunts, dance, rules and safety, special needs cheer and taping support for athletes. Workshops involved TeamEngland and TeamWales coaches and athletes
- Welcomed the General Secretary of the International Cheerleading Union and of the European Cheerleading Union, who took part in the conference
A full report, as well as presentations and documents will be published here as soon as possible.